“Veggie Keto Bowls”
Veggie Keto Bowls – A Delicious Way to Enjoy Vegans and Keto Diets
If you’re a vegan and following a keto diet, it can be challenging to find meals that satisfy both nutritional criteria. That’s why veggie keto bowls are the perfect solution. These delicious bowls include nutritious, vegan-friendly, low-carb ingredients that fit perfectly into a keto diet.
But, just what is a veggie keto bowl? Well, these bowls feature a variety of healthy, low-carb vegetables, such as cauliflower, broccoli, and mushrooms, as well as nutritious plant-based proteins such as tempeh, tofu, and lentils. They can also include toppings such as avocado, olives, seeds, herbs, and sauces. The possibilities are endless.
Keto bowls are ideal meals for vegans who follow a keto diet as they’re packed with numerous nutrients and provide the perfect balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Plus, they’re relatively easy to make which is helpful for those who are time-poor or starting out on the keto diet.
Now, let’s take a look at how to make a delicious veggie keto bowl.
Veggie Keto Bowl Recipe
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 1 cup of brown rice, cooked
– ⅓ cup of black beans
– ⅓ cup of diced tempeh
– ¼ cup of diced, cooked mushrooms
– ½ cup of diced red bell pepper
– 2 cups of chopped broccoli florets
– 2 tablespoons of balsamic or apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of vegan mayonnaise
– 2 tablespoons of vegan yogurt
– Salt and pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Spread the cooked brown rice and black beans onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add the tempeh, mushrooms, and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Add the broccoli florets and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until they’re tender.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the balsamic or apple cider vinegar, vegan mayonnaise, and vegan yogurt and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide the cooked rice and black beans between two bowls.
7. Top the rice and beans with the cooked vegetables and generous amounts of the sauce.
8. Dig in and enjoy!
These veggie keto bowls are the perfect way for vegans to enjoy a tasty and healthy meal while following the keto diet. And, best of all, this meal is a breeze to make and requires minimal effort. You can even make a larger portion and have leftovers for the next day’s lunch or dinner.
But, as delicious as these bowls are, they’re just one of many meals that can be enjoyed while following a vegan keto diet. Soups, curries, stir-fries, salads, and tacos are all delicious and nutritious options that fit into a keto diet.
Including plenty of healthy plant-