. Sweet Garlic Chicken Skillet
It’s the simple things in life that can be the most satisfying, and nothing is simpler and more delicious than a quick and tasty Sweet Garlic Chicken Skillet meal. Whether you’re looking for a complete meal or something to satisfy a sweet and savory craving, this dish will do the job. This recipe is truly one of a kind and uses simple ingredients to create a flavourful experience that the entire family can enjoy.
The sweetness of the garlic and the savouriness of the chicken come together to create a delicious skillet meal that will be sure to satisfy. You can make sweet garlic chicken skillet as a main dish for a complete meal, or as a side dish to complement the other dishes you’re preparing. Either way, you’ll be sure to enjoy this unique and flavourful meal!
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• ¼ cup honey
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (optional)
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
• ½ cup chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons water
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the chicken to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Add the honey, soy sauce and ginger, if using. Stir to combine.
4. Add the bell peppers to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, cornstarch and water. Pour the mixture into the skillet and stir to combine.
6. Cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
7. Serve the sweet garlic chicken skillet with cooked white or brown rice. Enjoy!
This sweet garlic chicken skillet is easy to make and sure to be a hit with the whole family. With simple ingredients and minimal preparation, you can have a tasty and fulfilling meal in no time.
The sweetness of the garlic and the savoury chicken creates a unique flavour combination that is truly irresistible. You can add any other vegetables you desire for added colour and nutrition. Try adding diced carrots, broccoli, Bok choy or mushrooms to the mix, and let the flavour mingle!
The sauce is also a key component of this dish and helps to bring it all together. The honey and soy sauce create a sticky and sweet glaze that pairs perfectly with the chicken and peppers. The addition of ginger adds an extra layer of flavour, but it is certainly not necessary.
No matter how you serve it, this sweet garlic chicken skillet is sure to be a hit. Serve it with cooked white or brown rice, or go ahead and really mix it up by serving it with noodles. Get creative and enjoy the simple yet delicious flavours of this unique dish. You can’t go wrong when you try out this Sweet Garlic Chicken Skillet recipe!