Spicy Keto Pad Thai
Keto Spicy Pad Thai: A Low-Carb Take on A Classic Asian Dish
Pad thai is a classic Asian dish beloved around the world. It’s crunchy, sweet, spicy, and savory all at the same time, making it a must-order if you’re headed out to your favorite Asian restaurant. Unfortunately, the traditional version includes a variety of carbohydrates like noodles and sugar to give it its signature flavors. If you’re following the ketogenic diet, you might think that this is one dish that you have to omit from your life. Fortunately, you can easily swap out the carbs with low-carb substitutes to create a delicious and satisfying keto version of pad thai.
Keto spicy pad thai is a simple dish that utilizes healthy ingredients instead of noodles and sugar to give it the classic flavors you know and love. It’s a great meal for busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to cook, and it’s also perfect for when you’re having friends over and want to impress them with a delicious, keto-friendly dish. With the right ingredients and a few simple steps, you can whip up this flavorful dish in no time.
• 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
• 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
• 1/4 cup coconut aminos (this is a low carb soy sauce substitute)
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 red bell pepper, sliced
• 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
• 1/2 pound thinly sliced chicken breast
• 2 tablespoons fish sauce
• 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
• 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
• 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
• 2 tablespoons chopped basil
• 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
1. Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the almond butter and stir until it starts to bubble.
3. Add the coconut aminos, red pepper flakes, garlic, red bell pepper, and cabbage and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken and cook until it’s cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Add the fish sauce, lime juice, green onions, cilantro, and basil and stir until combined.
6. Serve the keto spicy pad thai in bowls and top with chopped peanuts. Enjoy!
This keto spicy pad thai is a flavorful and delicious way to enjoy Thai flavors without all the carbs. The almond butter and coconut aminos give it a savory flavor, while the red pepper flakes and fish sauce add a hint of heat. And the bell peppers, cabbage, and chicken give it a hearty, filling texture that will satisfy any appetite. Plus, this recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make, so you can have a flavorful meal in no time.
If you love pad thai but don’t want to sacrifice your keto diet, this low-carb version is the perfect solution. It’s flavorful, easy to make, and totally delicious. So next time you’re in the mood for Thai food, give this keto-friendly version a try. You won’t be disappointed!