Savoury Cheesy Zucchini Dip
Chances are, you’ve seen it all – every type of dip you can think of, from warm and cheesy ones, to spicy dips like guacamole, to sweet coconut and peanut butter dips. But if you’re looking for something a little bit different to add to your next party platter, why not try something savory and cheesy – like this zucchini dip?
This dip is incredibly simple to make and it’s a great way to use up leftover zucchini. Not only that, but the combination of cheese and zucchini makes for a subtly flavorful dip that will really surprise your guests. Fluffy zucchini is mixed with sharp cheese and herbs to make a truly delicious dip – perfect for desserts or as a side dish.
If you’ve never heard of a savory zucchini dip, it’s basically like a cheese sauce that has been thickened with chopped zucchini. Typically the zucchini is grated and mixed with a cheese such as cheddar or Parmesan, and then flavored with herbs such as oregano and basil. The result is a creamy, cheesy dip that is perfect for chips, vegetables, or just eating by itself.
Ready to give this tasty and unique dip a try? Here’s how you make it.
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 ½ cups skim milk
– 2 ½ cups grated zucchini
– 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon black pepper
– 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add the minced garlic and cook until softened and fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute, until slightly browned.
4. Slowly whisk in the milk and cook for 2 minutes, until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
5. Add the grated zucchini, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and cook for 5-8 minutes, until the zucchini is softened.
6. Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and cook until melted.
7. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
8. Serve the dip warm with chips or veggie sticks. Enjoy!
This savory zucchini dip is a surprisingly tasty way to enjoy something other than the typical dips you’re likely used to. The combination of cheesy flavors and herbs, combined with the soft texture of the zucchini, makes for a truly delicious dip that your guests won’t be able to get enough of. This dip is also great for potlucks, as it can easily be doubled or tripled to serve a large crowd. It’s also great for game day or just a casual get together.
For a dip that truly stands out from the crowd, savory zucchini dip is the way to go. For those who haven’t tried it yet, get ready for something super cheesy and really flavorful. Once you try it, you won’t want to go back to regular old dip recipes ever again. Get ready for a great new dip favorite!