Keto Pie: Make Flavorful Low-Carb Comfort Food
Do you love pie but don’t want to consume all the carbs that come with it? Then you may want to give a keto pie a try. A keto pie is a low-carb version of a traditional comfort food that uses alternative ingredients in place of high-carb items like sugar and flour. This delicious dish can be an easy way to enjoy the flavor you crave while not overindulging in the carbs.
Keto pies allow you to indulge without worrying about the unhealthy effects of sugar. If you’re following a ketogenic diet, you’ll know that the foundation is low carbs and high-fat content. With the high fat content, keto pies have a lip-smacking flavor, and they still keep to the spirit of the diet.
Keto pies are made with ketogenic ingredients like almond flour, coconut flour, zero-calorie sweeteners, and other low-carb flour substitutes. These ingredients can be found in most health food stores, and online. They are all natural and have no added sugar.
If you’ve never tried a keto pie before, here is a savory recipe that’s sure to become a favorite.
Savory Keto Pie
– 1-1/2 cups of almond flour
– 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 2 tablespoons of melted butter
– 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
– 4 eggs
– 1 tablespoon of zero-calorie sweetener
– 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
– 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
– Your favorite low-carb filling (such as vegetables, cheese, or protein of choice)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Make sure to mix them together thoroughly.
3. Add the melted butter, Parmesan cheese, eggs, zero-calorie sweetener, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper to the dry ingredients. Mix until everything is blended together.
4. Grease an 8-inch or 9-inch pie pan with butter.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly. Make sure to press down on the crust mixture until it is smooth and packed down.
6. Fill the crust with whatever filling you have chosen.
7. Cover with a top crust made the same way as the bottom crust. Make sure to cover it all the way to the edges of the pan.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
9. Cut into slices and serve warm.
Keto pies don’t have to be boring and tasteless. With this recipe, you can enjoy a savory keto pie that’s guaranteed to be a hit! The combination of flavors is endless, so you can have fun tweaking the ingredients to suite your own taste. If you’d like to make a sweet keto