Savory Keto Cheeseburger Pie
Enjoy Delicious Low-Carb Burgers with Keto Cheeseburger Pie
Not all burgers need buns (or even comprise beef). Cheeseburger Pie is instant classic that transitions classic flavors into a heartwarming, comfort food pie. This version of Cheeseburger Pie is a wonderful dish for those on the keto diet, as there’s no need for heavy carbs. This pizza-esque pie swaps pasta and pizza crust for a low-carb biscuit-like dough. Topped with pickles, lettuce, and tomato, this savory Cheeseburger Pie is sure to become a family favorite.
Ready to maybe even try this savory Keto Cheeseburger Pie at home? Keep on reading to learn several tips and tricks, as well as the method to make this amazing low-carb burger.
Ingredients for Keto Cheeseburger Pie
For this Keto Cheeseburger Pie, assemble the following ingredients:
For the Crust:
•1⅛ cups of Almond Flour
•2 tablespoons of Coconut Flour
•½ teaspoon of Baking Powder
•3 tablespoons of Cold Butter
•2 tablespoons of Ice Water
For the Filling:
•1 pound of Ground Beef
•2 cloves of Garlic, minced
•2 teaspoons of Onion, minced
•1 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
•Salt and Pepper, to taste
•1⁄4 cup of Diced Onion
•1⁄4 cup of pickles
•1 cup of Cheddar Cheese
•2 tablespoons of Butter
•1⁄2 head of Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
•2 slices of Tomato
Instructions for Keto Cheeseburger Pie
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and prepare a pie pan.
2. To create the crust, place the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder in a food processor. Pulse the ingredients until sprinkled evenly.
3. Chop the butter into small pieces and add to the bowl of the food processor. Pulse until the butter is evenly distributed.
4.Finish the crust by using a fork to incorporate the water into the mixture.
5.Using your fingers, knead the dough until it forms a soft ball. Place the dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and press into a disc. Cover the disc of dough with a second sheet of plastic wrap and roll the dough out until 1/4-inch thickness.
6. Place the crust in a greased 9-inch pie pan and press down a fraction of an inch up the sides. Set aside.
7. Place the ground beef, garlic, minced onion, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper in a large skillet. Turn the heat up to medium-high and cook the beef until fully browned.
8. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the onion, pickles, and cheese to the skillet. Mix well and spread the mixture into the prepared pie pan. Cut the butter into small cubes and dot the top of the beef mixture.
9. Remove the plastic from the crust and drape the crust over the filling in single sheet. Crimp down the edges.
10. Bake the pie on the center rack in the oven for 25–