Savory Eggplant Pilaf
Eggplant Pilaf: A Savory Middle Eastern Inspired Dish
Looking for an exciting way to spruce up meal time? Look no further than Eggplant Pilaf, a Middle Eastern inspired dish that is sure to satisfy your taste buds! Eggplant Pilaf is an incredibly flavorful dish, packed full of tomato, onion, vegetable broth, and spices. It is simple to make yet is truly a flavor bomb of all the best Middle Eastern ingredients.
This hearty, eggplant-based dish is perfect for any get-together, potluck, or family meal. The mellow flavor of eggplant pairs nicely with a wide variety of spices and herbs such as oregano, parsley, cumin, and coriander. Not only is it a delicious main dish, but it also has the added benefit of being vegan-friendly and relatively healthy.
This Eggplant Pilaf recipe is sure to please any crowd. It contains a number of different flavors that work together to create a savory, mouthwatering dish. By using a range of vegetables, spices, and aromatics, you’ll get an amazing, flavorful dish with just a few ingredients.
Eggplant Pilaf is not only a tasty dish, but it is also incredibly easy to put together. All you need to do is sauté your vegetables and spices, cook your rice and eggplant, and then combine them in the broth and let it all simmer away. In less than an hour, you’ll be sitting down to a delicious and impressive meal.
Ready to get started? Here are the ingredients and instructions for making Eggplant Pilaf for four people.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 large eggplant, diced
• 4 tomatoes, diced
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 3 cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup long grain white rice
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the eggplant and tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add the cumin, coriander, oregano, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat and add the rice. Cover and cook for 15 minutes until the rice is cooked through.
6. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the parsley.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Your Eggplant Pilaf is now ready to enjoy! Serve it up hot with some lemon wedges for extra flavor or add a dollop of yoghurt or some toasted sesame seeds to garnish. The sky is the limit when it comes to altering your Eggplant Pilaf.
If you’re looking for a delicious and flavorful dish that comes together quickly, Eggplant Pilaf is the perfect choice. The fragrant spices, savory vegetables, and creamy