. Savory Cheesy Spinach Pie
For a savory and cheesy meal at a moment’s notice, have you ever thought of a spinach pie? While pies often have a sweet connotation, this version is packed with the perfect blend of flavors like cheese and garlic to bring out an irresistible savoriness. To top it off, spinach gives the whole dish a healthful dose of fiber, iron, vitamins, and minerals.
Making spinach pie does not take too long and it’s surprisingly easy. Here are the ingredients and steps you need to make a delicious appetizer or main dish that your family is sure to love.
* 3 eggs
* 6 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
* 4 cloves of garlic, minced
* 2 Tablespoons of finely chopped onion
* 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
* 2 cups of baby spinach
* 3 cups of shredded cheese, like cheddar or gruyere
* 2 9-inch pre-made frozen pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, mayonnaise, garlic, onion, mustard, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the spinach into a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 2 minutes. Once cooled, drain off the excess liquid and chop into small pieces.
4. Add the spinach and shredded cheese to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
5. Place one of the frozen pie crusts into a 9-inch round tart pan and press into place.
6. Pour the spinach mixture into the pie crust and spread out evenly. Place the remaining pie crust over the top and press the edges together to seal.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until top is golden-brown. Allow to cool before serving.
This savory spinach pie is sure to become a delectable new mealtime staple. The combination of eggs, cheese, and spinach make for a comforting and hearty dish, perfect for lunch or dinner. The garlic and onion bring out a savory goodness, while the Dijon mustard adds a unique pop of flavor. The best part? Since the pie crust is pre-made, you can throw this dish together in less than half an hour.
You can make this spinach pie into an appetizer by using mini-pie crusts and baking for only 15-20 minutes. Or, you can make it for a stronger main dish by adding some cooked and diced bacon or ham. Plus, a dash of hot sauce mixed into the egg mixture gives this recipe even more zing.
Savory spinach pie is a true crowd pleaser, with its cheesy deliciousness and simple ingredients. With just a few steps of preparation, you can make a warm and mouthwatering meal any time of day. So, don’t be afraid to try something unique and give this delectable spinach pie a try tonight.