“Savory Bacon Kale Frittata”
Savory Bacon Kale Frittata – What’s Brewing in the Kitchen
Have you recently been looking for an easy breakfast or brunch idea that tastes delicious? Do you want something with a bit of a savory flavor to it? Well, if so, then you’ve got to try this savory bacon kale frittata. This frittata is chock-full of flavor, with crispy bacon and kale that pairs perfectly with eggs. Not to mention that this dish is extremely simple to make. All it takes is a few simple steps and you’ll be on your way to having a delightful breakfast or brunch meal.
So, what is a frittata exactly? Put simply, it’s a dish similar to an omelet, but it’s open-faced. You can fill it with whatever ingredients you have, which is why it’s so great to make when you’re running low on ingredients. There are so many different variations of frittata you can make, and today we’re featuring the savory bacon kale frittata.
This frittata is perfect for breakfast or brunch and is sure to be a crowd pleaser. It’s loaded with simple ingredients that you’ll easily be able to find in your fridge or pantry. Let’s start off by taking a look at the ingredients you’ll need for this savory bacon kale frittata.
• 8-10 large eggs (depending on how big your dish is)
• 1-2 cups of bacon, diced
• 2-3 cups of kale, chopped
• ½ cup of half-and-half (can substitute with cream or milk)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil over medium-high heat, then add in the bacon. Cook the bacon until it’s crispy, stirring often. Once it’s crispy, remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside.
3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add in the minced garlic and chopped kale. Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the kale has softened.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and half-and-half (or alternative). Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the egg mixture to the skillet with the kale and bacon. Stir everything together until the eggs are lightly cooked, about 4 minutes.
6. Grease a large baking dish with a bit of olive oil, then pour the egg mixture into the dish and top with the remaining bacon.
7. Transfer the baking dish into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs have set and are cooked through.
8. Let the frittata stand for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
The beauty of this savory bacon kale frittata is that it can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. It’s a great way to get in your veggies for the day while still enjoying a savory and delicious meal. The bacon is great for adding an extra