Fried Eggplant Parmigiana
Fried Eggplant Parmigiana is a classic Italian dish that is healthy, easy, and delicious. This dish is made with layers of battered and fried eggplant, a delicious marinara sauce, and it is topped with melted cheese and fresh herbs. The combination of the flavors and textures make this an incredibly tasty dish that is sure to please all sorts of palates.
This dish can be made in just 45 minutes, making it an easy dish to whip up for a last minute dinner. All you need are eggplants, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, olive oil, marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and some fresh herbs. This dish also pairs well with a glass of your favorite white wine.
Let’s get started on making this delicious dish!
-2 medium eggplants, sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
-1 cup plain bread crumbs
-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-3 cups marinara sauce
-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
-Fresh herbs, such as parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Set up a breading station: in one shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese; in a second shallow dish, add the olive oil.
3. Dip each slice of eggplant into the olive oil, followed by the breadcrumb mixture. Place the eggplant slices on a baking sheet.
4. Bake the eggplant for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
5. Meanwhile, heat the marinara sauce in a saucepan over medium heat.
6. Once the eggplant slices are baked, spread a layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
7. Top with a layer of eggplant slices, followed by another layer of marinara sauce. Continue with alternating layers of eggplant and marinara until all ingredients are used.
8. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
9. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve. Enjoy!