“Quiche-less Spinach Pie”
Are you looking for a unique spin on a tried and true favorite? Then you’ve come to the right place! Quiche-less Spinach Pie may sound odd, but trust us – it’s delicious. Not only that, but it’s also packed with nutritious ingredients that make for a great brunch option or even a main course. This easy-to-make dish combines spinach, cheese, eggs, and seasonings for an amazing combination that’s sure to please.
The beauty of quiche-less spinach pie is in its flexibility – you can use a variety of ingredients depending on what you have on hand. You can add other vegetables including mushrooms, zucchini, or even asparagus. If you like a little spice, you could add in some red pepper flakes, or even some diced jalapeño. The possibilities are endless. And since this dish bakes up quickly, it’s a great choice for weeknight meals as well.
If you’re ready to give quiche-less spinach pie a try, here’s how to make it. The full ingredients list and instructions are listed below.
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 (10 oz.) package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
• ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• ½ tsp. dried oregano
• ¼ tsp. salt
• ¼ tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the diced onion and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the thawed spinach and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, eggs, oregano, salt, and pepper.
5. Add the cooked spinach mixture to the cheese mixture and stir to combine.
6. Pour the spinach mixture into the prepared pie plate.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and set.
8. Slice and enjoy!
Quiche-less spinach pie is an easy and delicious way to get your veggie fix without the fuss of a traditional quiche. It’s easy to customize with whatever ingredients you have on hand, so feel free to get creative. And best of all, it’s ready in about an hour – perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. Give it a try and see for yourself why quiche-less spinach pie is a must-have on your brunch menu. Enjoy!