Mushroom Keto Casserole
Low Carb Keto Mushroom Casserole – A Delicious and Healthy Meal
One of the most popular low carb keto food trends today is the keto mushroom casserole. This dish is an easy-to-make meal that can be enjoyed by everyone from keto dieters to those looking to lower their carb intake. This casserole is a mix of mushrooms, cheese, and other ingredients that are set in a baking dish and then baked. This meal is a hearty and delicious creation that packs a lot of flavor while still being low carb and keto-friendly.
If you’ve been looking for an easy, yet tasty dish that fits into your low carb eating plan, you’ll love this keto mushroom casserole. Not only is this meal incredibly tasty, but it also takes just minutes to prepare, making it an ideal meal for busy weeknights. With a few simple ingredients like mushrooms, cheese, and spices, you can have an amazing dinner on the table in no time. Read on to learn more about this tasty keto dish.
What’s in Keto Mushroom Casserole?
This delicious keto mushroom casserole is made up of a few simple ingredients that pack a lot of flavor. At the heart of the dish is mushrooms and cheese, two ingredients that always make for a tasty combination. The exact ingredients used in this keto casserole will vary slightly depending on personal taste, but here’s what our recipe calls for:
• 2 pounds of cremini mushrooms
• 2 cloves of minced garlic
• 1/2 cup of chopped white onion
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
• 4 ounces of grated parmesan cheese
• 4 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Prepare Keto Mushroom Casserole
Making this keto mushroom casserole is a breeze. All you need to do is preheat your oven to 375°F, gather your ingredients, and follow a few simple steps. Here’s how to make it:
1. Start by cleaning the mushrooms and removing the stems. Slice them into thin slices and set them aside.
2. Heat the butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the onions and garlic, stirring occasionally. Cook until the vegetables are soft and fragrant, this should take about 3 minutes.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have softened and all liquid has evaporated. This should take about 8 minutes.
4. Once the mushrooms have cooked, remove the pan from the heat and add the cream. Stir until the cream is fully combined and then add the grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish and pour the mushroom mixture into the dish. Dot the top of the casserole with small pieces of butter and then sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
6. Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.