Minty Cauliflower Fried Rice
Minty Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cauliflower fried rice is a great low-carb alternative to classic fried rice. But why stop at the same old recipe? Adding fresh mint to the mix makes this fried rice dish come alive with bright, herbal flavors. With its easy to source and affordable ingredients, this fried rice dish is a great go-to meal for busy weeknights.
This particular cauliflower fried rice recipe is inspired by Asian flavors, where mint is often used to give dishes a vibrant and uplifting flavor. Not only does that make this fried rice dish incredibly tasty, but it’s also incredibly healthy. Cauliflower is a great source of dietary fiber and vitamins, and pairing it with mint—which is known to be a natural representative of antioxidants—makes this the perfect meal to power your day.
So if you’re looking for a quick and delicious dinner idea, with a light Asian-inspired twist, this minty cauliflower fried rice is definitely worth considering. Let’s take a look at how to make this simple dish.
– 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 1/4 cup of frozen peas
– 1/4 cup of diced onion
– 1/4 cup of diced red pepper
– 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped mint
– 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by prepping the ingredients. Chop the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces and mince the garlic. Dice the onion, red pepper, and set aside. Chop the mint and measure out the other ingredients as mentioned above.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant and the onions begin to soften.
3. Add the cauliflower “rice” to the skillet and sauté for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower reaches desired tenderness.
4. Add the peas, diced red pepper, and mint and sauté for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Season with soy sauce, salt, and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
• If you don’t have fresh mint available, you can substitute with a few drops of mint extract or a handful of frozen mint leaves.
• This dish is great for meal prepping. Simply store the fried rice in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 4-5 days. To reheat, simply transfer the fried rice to a skillet and cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
• Feel free to add additional vegetables such as zucchini, carrots, or mushrooms. This will not only make the dish more nutritious, but it will also make the dish go further.
So if you’re looking for a quick, tasty, and healthy weeknight dinner option, give this minty cauliflower fried rice dish a try. With its affordable ingredients and easy to follow instructions, it’s a great way to mix up the same old dinner routine with a unique twist! Bon appétit!