. Mexican Zucchini Lasagna
Zesty Mexican Zucchini Lasagna: A Comforting and Healthy Meatless Dish
Mexican Zucchini Lasagna is the perfect combination of Mexican fusion and Italian lasagna. Its zest and zing are sure to satisfy your taste buds, while the healthy ingredients, including zucchini, Mexican cheese, and black beans, will keep your body feeling energized and nutritious. The dish is also quite versatile, as you can make it as spicy or mild as you like. And, perhaps most importantly, it’s easy to make — you don’t even have to turn on the oven.
If you’re looking for an easy, convenient, vegan-friendly dish that satisfies cravings and keeps you energized, Mexican Zucchini Lasagna is definitely the perfect option. With flavorful, neatly layered ingredients, it is sure to become one of your go-to meals. And the best part? You don’t have to turn the oven on!
What You Need:
To make the delicious Mexican Zucchini Lasagna, you need the following ingredients:
• 2 large zucchinis
• 1 can of black beans
• 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese
• 2 cups of salsa
• 1/2 cup of cilantro, plus extra for topping
• 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
• Olive oil
1. Begin by prepping the zucchini. Slice the zucchini in thin strips lengthwise and place them in a mixing bowl. Drizzle a bit of olive oil onto the zucchini strips and season with taco seasoning. Toss the zucchini until it is evenly coated.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini strips to the skillet in a single layer. Cook until the zucchini strips become softened and lightly browned on either side, flipping them to ensure even cooking. Set the zucchini aside.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the drained black beans, salsa, and cilantro.
4. Now, it’s time to build your Mexican Zucchini Lasagna. Take a 9×13 inch baking dish and layer the bottom with half of the cooked zucchini strips. Top with half of the black bean mixture and half of the Mexican shredded cheese.
5. Repeat the layering process of the zucchini, black bean mixture, and cheese until all ingredients are used.
6. Place the baking dish in the fridge for 15 minutes so that the ingredients are able to set and cool.
7. When ready to serve, transfer the Mexican Zucchini Lasagna to a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and bubbly.
8. Remove the lasagna from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle extra cilantro over the top and serve.
This Mexican Zucchini Lasagna is both a comforting and healthy meal. The zucchini adds a heartiness to the dish that is perfect for a meatless meal, while the cilantro, beans, and taco seasoning give it a zesty Mexican twist. Whether you’re cooking for the family, hosting a small gathering, or simply wanting