. Mexican-Style Keto Tacos
Taco night doesn’t have to be a distant memory if you’re following a keto or low-carb lifestyle. Normally chock-full of carbs, Mexican-style tacos can be revamped into a delicious, low-carb dish. All the flavors that you love are still there, but without all the carbs.
Mexican-Style Keto Tacos are an easy and tasty way to satiate the Mexican food craving without the guilt. The crunchy hard tortillas of our childhood have been replaced with either lettuce wraps, low-carb tortillas, or crunchy cheese chips making them a guilt-free meal that everyone in the family can enjoy.
These tacos are a fun way to switch up taco night and make your dinner a little healthier. By using cheaper cuts of meat such as beef chuck roast or steak fajitas, this meal can also be a budget-friendly.
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. of onion powder
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 lb. motion chuck roast
1/4 cup beef broth plus extra as needed
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar plus extra as needed
1/4 cup of low-sugar tomato sauce
Low-carb tortillas (or lettuce wraps)
1/2 red onion diced
4oz. shredded Mexican cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
Instructions to make Mexican-Style Keto Tacos
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper to make the taco seasoning.
3. Rub the seasoning onto the chuck roast.
4. Place the chuck roast into a dutch oven and pour over the beef broth, apple cider vinegar and tomato sauce.
5. Cover and bake for 3-4 hours or until the chuck roast is falling apart.
6. Remove the dutch oven from the oven and place the chuck roast onto a cutting board. Shred the chuck roast with two forks.
7. Add the remaining sauce from the dutch oven to the shredded chuck roast and mix.
8. To assemble the tacos, add some of the beef to each wrap or low-carb tortilla. Top with avocados, red onion, cheese, radishes, sour cream and jalapeños.
9. Drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
10. Serve immediately.
These Mexican-Style Keto Tacos are a tasty way to get your taco night fix. Not only is the taco filling loaded with spices, it’s made with affordable beef chuck roast and is a good way to use up any remaining beef broth or tomato sauce that you have in the pantry too.
This dish is not only keto and low-carb,