“Low Carb Veggie Lasagna”
If you’re trying to eat healthier, sometimes it can be difficult to find a dish that is both flavorful and nutritious. Low carb veggie lasagna is the perfect comfort food that you can feel good about eating. Whether you’re a vegetarian or just trying to cut down on your carb intake, this dish offers a delicious way to get your nutrients without piling on the carbs.
What makes this dish so special is that it doesn’t use traditional lasagna noodles. Instead, thinly sliced zucchini serves as the “noodle” in this interpretation, eliminating the need for extra carbs. A blend of veggies, cheese, and a flavorful meat-free sauce also infuse the dish with plenty of flavor, making it dispense with the need for meat. This also means that it’s perfect for vegetarians, or anyone looking to reduce their meat intake.
The best thing about this low carb veggie lasagna is that it requires very little hands-on time. The bulk of the work is in the pre-preparation; once the ingredients are ready, assembly is a breeze. With a few simple kitchen hacks and some fresh ingredients, you can have a delicious lasagna that won’t break the calorie bank. Read on and learn how to make this nutritious and easy-to-prepare dish.
• 4 zucchini (preferably organic)
• 2 cups ricotta cheese
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 cup marinara sauce
• 1 red bell pepper diced
• 1 onion diced
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the zucchini lengthwise into thin strips so that they resemble lasagna noodles.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, and Italian seasoning.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes.
5. Add the tomato paste and the marinara sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes to let the flavors combine.
6. Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Place one layer of zucchini noodles on the bottom. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over the zucchini. Top with half of the sauce and vegetables.
7. Repeat the layering process, ending with a layer of sauce and vegetables on top.
8. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
9. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes to allow the top to brown and the lasagna to set.
10. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
This low carb veggie lasagna is a fantastic, nutritious meal that won’t leave you longing for carbs. The zucchini noodles replace the classic lasagna sheets to create a lighter, low-carb alternative. The cheese and veggie combo pack a flavorful punch, and you won