Low-Carb Sausage Bites
The scent of sizzling sausage wafting through the kitchen is a smell that few can resist. Sausage bites are one of the most popular party foods for good reason. Not only are they tasty, but they are also surprisingly versatile, and fit any number of dietary needs. Whether you’re looking for a low-carb solution or just a way to enjoy sausages without frying, low-carb sausage bites provide it all.
Most sausage bites recipes require a bit of flour, breading, or other filler to provide texture, but low-carb sausage bites are made with a simple mixture of sausage, egg, cheese, and spices that are bound together with a few tablespoons of broth. The result is an incredibly flavorful bite-sized snack that is low in carbohydrates yet full of flavor.
Making low-carb sausage bites isn’t hard at all, but like all recipes, there are a few tips and tricks to help make the process easier. First, use a leaner sausage for the best flavor. If your sausage contains too much fat, your bites will be greasy. Second, use a fine grater or food processor to shred your cheese to get an even distribution of cheese throughout your bites. Finally, use a light-colored skillet to ensure your bites don’t burn.
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, it’s time to make some low-carb sausage bites.
-1 lb ground pork sausage
-¾ cup shredded cheese (use a fine grater or food processor)
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon onion powder
-¼ teaspoon black pepper
-2 tablespoons chicken broth
1. In a large bowl, combine the ground sausage, eggs, cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Use your hands to mix the ingredients until evenly combined.
2. Form the mixture into small bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch in diameter.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the chicken broth to the pan.
4. Place the sausage bites in the skillet and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your skillet.
5. Serve the sausage bites warm with a side of your favorite dipping sauce.
Low-carb sausage bites are an easy and delicious way to enjoy sausage without all the carbs. They’re the perfect party appetizer, snack, or even a main dish if you’re looking to lower your carb intake. With just a handful of ingredients and no breading or flour, these low-carb bites will satisfy any sausage craving.