. Low Carb Curry Stew
With so many different diets around nowadays, it can be a challenge to find a meal that works for everyone. For those looking for a wonderfully tasty, low carb, meal option, that won’t leave them feeling bloated and uncomfortable afterwards, why not try a mouth-watering low carb curry stew? A wonderfully fragrant and highly nutritious low carb dish, this tailored curry stew is full of good things that fibrous vegetables, spicy chilli peppers and nourishing coconut cream can offer.
Perfect for cold winter evenings when all you want to do is curl up on the sofa with a delicious bowl of warmth, this low carb curry stew is both easy to make and incredibly delicious. With just a few simple tricks, you can make a really savoury, succulent stew that will keep you full until the next morning. So let’s take a look at how to whip up this delicious, low carb meal.
• 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
• 2 red chilli peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
• 1 celery stick, finely chopped
• 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
• 1 courgette, diced
• 1 x 400ml can of coconut cream
• 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 small bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
• Juice of 1 lime
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Begin by heating the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onion, ginger and garlic and fry for a few minutes.
2. Once the vegetables are starting to soften, add the chilli pepper, cumin and coriander and stir-fry for another couple of minutes.
3. Next, add the celery, red pepper and courgette and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour in the coconut cream and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through and tender.
5. Add the tomatoes, coriander and lime juice and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
6. Once cooked, season to taste with salt and pepper, divide into 4 bowls and enjoy.
This low carb curry stew is the perfect winter warmer, packed with plenty of warming spices and fibrous vegetables that can help you to feel fuller for longer. With such a simple list of ingredients and easy method of preparation, this could easily become a firm family favourite across generations. Whilst the chilli peppers lend some much needed heat, you could try experimenting with different spices or adding extra vegetables such as sweet potatoes, squash or broccoli, to give a great variety to this dish.
Whilst this curry stew is delicious on its own, you could also enjoy it with some boiled basmati rice or some naan bread. Accompanied with a crisp green salad, this would make a flavourful, yet healthy mid-week feast that won’t leave you feeling weighed down and lethargic