. Low-Carb Curry Soup
With the temperature dropping fast, it’s time to break out all of your favorite warm and cozy recipes. Soup is a delicious and nutritious way to keep your family fed during the cold winter months. On top of that, it’s also a great way to stick to your healthy lifestyle. After all, who doesn’t like a comforting bowl of homemade soup that’s low in carbs yet high in flavor?
That’s why we’ve rounded up our favorite low-carb curry soup recipe that’s sure to make your taste buds dance. This delicious soup is made from fresh vegetables and spices that are simmered in a creamy coconut milk base. The best part is that it’s super easy to make and ready in just about 30 minutes.
So if your family is looking for a flavorful yet healthy meal, why not give this low-carb curry soup recipe a try? We’re sure your family won’t be disappointed.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
2 teaspoons ground curry powder
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup diced carrots
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 cups vegetable broth
1 can (15 ounces) coconut milk
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander, black pepper and salt and sauté for another minute.
3. Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, bell pepper and 2 cups of the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
4. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
5. Add the remaining 2 cups of vegetable broth and the coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add the lime juice and cilantro and season with salt to taste. Serve.