Keto Zesty Italian Frittata
Keto Zesty Italian Frittata Recipe for Low-Carb Dish Lovers
Are you on a low-carb diet and looking for a delicious alternative to breakfast, lunch and dinner? Then you need to try this Keto Zesty Italian Frittata recipe! This fabulous frittata packs a flavorful punch with simple and tasty ingredients. Not only does it taste great, but it’s also gluten-free, and filled with nutritious vegetables, making it a perfect healthy meal.
Frittatas, a type of omelets, are a classic Italian dish that is particularly favored by low-carb dieters. Egg dishes are already naturally low in carbs so they don’t require much modifications to fit into a healthy ketogenic lifestyle. This Keto Zesty Italian Frittata recipe takes advantage of that—it features a flavorful combination of sautéed vegetables, spices, egg, and cheese. The end result is a delicious, well-rounded dish that can easily replace a sit-down meal.
Furthermore, a frittata can be made at any time of day. Whether you’re serving breakfast, lunch, or dinner, a frittata is a great option. The keto-friendly combination of vegetables, egg, and cheese make it a protein- and nutrient-packed, one-dish meal. And if you’re looking to save time on meal prep, a frittata is an easy, time-saving make-ahead dish that can be stored for up to three days in the refrigerator.
So why not give this Keto Zesty Italian Frittata a try? With its delicious flavor combination and low-carb content, it’s definitely something you’d love. Let’s get started.
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 bell pepper, diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
• 1/4 teaspoon of red chili flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
• 6 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, chili flakes, and sea salt, sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet with the vegetables and stir to combine.
6. Place the skillet into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
7. Sprinkle the parsley over the top and serve.
You can serve this flavorful dish warm with a side of low-carb vegetables. If you have leftovers, simply store the frittata in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days.