Keto Mediterranean Frittata
The Keto Mediterranean Frittata is a keto-friendly meal loaded with ingredients that are part of the Mediterranean diet. With its high-protein content, it’s sure to keep you filled and energized throughout the day. Not only is it a great source of nutrient-dense protein, but it also offers some delicious omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial to health. You’ll be kindly surprised by how simple and mouthwatering this dish is!
This Mediterranean-style dish includes some essential ingredients such as eggs, onion, olives, and feta cheese. It’s a great way to start or end the day with a balanced meal. The egg whites are high in protein to help fuel your keto diet and satisfy your appetite, while the olives and feta cheese give this dish a unique flavor. Plus, the onions help create a tender and flavorful crust. The combination of all those flavors make this Keto Mediterranean Frittata a definite must-try.
Now, let’s see how we make it.
Keto Mediterranean Frittata Recipe
• 10 large eggs
• ½ an onion, finely chopped
• ½ tsp. sea salt
• 4 tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
• 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
• 2 tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
• 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt.
3. Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
4. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
6. Sprinkle the feta cheese and olives in the pan and lightly mix with a spatula.
7. Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the center is set.
8. Once finished baking, sprinkle the parsley on top and serve.
This Keto Mediterranean Frittata is an ideal, balanced meal that’s high in protein and flavor. Plus, it can be made ahead of time and reheated the next day. The onions, feta cheese, olives, and eggs make it an irresistible side dish or meal on its own. To add more flavor and texture, you can also top it with some diced tomatoes and fresh herbs.
Eating a Mediterranean-style diet can help reduce inflammation and risk of chronic disease, but if you’re on the ketogenic diet, then this Keto Mediterranean Frittata is definitely the way to go. It’s a nutritious meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner — and it’s sure to keep you satisfied. Let us know what you think in the comments below!