When the Mediterranean diet is mentioned, a few dishes come to mind. Think seafood, colorful veggies, flavorful herbs, and some fresh, tangy feta cheese. It’s light, delicious, and incredibly healthy. So when looking for a diet-friendly meal that’s full of flavor, Keto Mediterranean Chicken Wraps make for the perfect lunch or dinner. Easy to make and easy to eat, they’re also low in carbs and offer a filling meal.
What Makes Keto Mediterranean Chicken Wraps So Special?
Keto Mediterranean Chicken Wraps make the most of familiar elements from the Mediterranean diet. Take savory grilled chicken and mix it with a vibrant garden pesto. Add a few slices of cherry tomatoes for some crunch and pair it with olive oil and feta cheese, and you’ve got a wrap that’s absolutely bursting with flavor.
Though regular Mediterranean wraps are typically made with tortillas, Keto Mediterranean Chicken Wraps keep things interesting by ditching the wheat-based wraps and opting for a gluten-free option like kale or butter lettuce leaves. This makes them both low-carb and high in nutrients, keeping them diet-friendly while also offering plenty of fiber.
Though they may sound fancy, Keto Mediterranean Chicken Wraps are really easy to make. All you need is 20 minutes and a few simple ingredients. Follow our guide below, or switch it up with your favorite ingredients. Enjoy!
· 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 4 cloves garlic, crushed
· 2 chicken breasts
· 4 teaspoons garden pesto
· 4 pieces of butter lettuce or kale leaves
· 1/4 cup feta cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Slice the Roma tomatoes and set aside.
3. To make the chicken, pour the olive oil into a large oven-safe dish.
4. Next, add the crushed garlic and chicken breasts into the dish and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Once the chicken is finished cooking, move it to a plate and let it cool before slicing it into strips.
7. To assemble the wraps, lay a butter lettuce or kale leaf on a flat surface.
8. Add some chicken slices, tomatoes, pesto, and feta cheese to the center of the wrap.
9. Fold the sides of the wrap inward and then roll it up, tucking in the edges.
10. Enjoy your Keto Mediterranean Chicken Wrap.
· You can also add other vegetables like cucumbers, bell peppers, or onions.
· Use your favorite type of feta cheese to make your wraps even a little more interesting.
· For a spicier wrap, add some red pepper flakes when cooking the chicken or to the wrap itself.
Keto Mediterranean Chicken Wraps make for a great lunch or dinner that’s full of flavor and low in carbs. With just a few ingredients and a bit of time, you’ve got a meal that’s definitely worth trying out. Not only is it a great meal for