A hearty dish full of flavor, Keto Greek Lamb Stew is the perfect meal for when you’re looking for something home-cooked and nourishing. Best of all, this low-carb version combines all the flavors you love in classic Greek lamb without all the carbs.
The key to this dish lies in its Italian ingredients. You’ll need anchovy paste, white beans, tomato paste, garlic, olive oil, oregano, sweet onion, and of course – lamb. There’s something about the combination of these flavors that have left generations of Greek people feeling satisfied and nourished.
The best part about this dish is that it’s easy to prepare and doesn’t take very long at all. All the ingredients are added to the same pot and left to simmer until all the flavors have developed to make a delicious stew that you’ll have to restrain yourself from eating all in one sitting!
This Keto Greek Lamb Stew will be a staple in your home, as it provides a tasty, nutritious meal that you and your family can sit down to enjoy. Serve this stew with a side of crusty bread and a salad for a complete meal.
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons oregano
1 large sweet onion, diced
2 pounds ground lamb
3 cups beef broth
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic, onion, and oregano to the pot and sauté until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the ground lamb to the pot and breaking it up with a wooden spoon until it’s fully cooked through.
4. Once the ground lamb is fully cooked, add the tomato paste, anchovy paste, white beans, beef broth, and red wine vinegar. Stir everything together to combine.
5. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until the soup has thickened.
6. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve the Keto Greek Lamb Stew hot with extra oregano, if desired. Enjoy!