Keto Bacon Mac-Cheese – A Deliciously Low-Carb Option
Keto Bacon Mac-Cheese: just the name alone gets cravings rolling. Mac-cheese is one of life’s most comforting meals, and adding the salty, smoky crunch of bacon to the mix ups the ante. It’s enough to make any carb-fearing person swoon, however, most people assume it’s the furthest thing from a healthy and low-carb option. But, not so fast…
Thanks to the ever-innovative keto-cooking community, the classic mac-cheese meal has evolved into an irresistibly delicious way to enjoy your cheese and bacon cravings without sabotaging your health goals. By using a keto-approved cheese sauce base and swapping out the starchy noodles for low-carb alternate, the result is a creamy, dreamy, entire meal that can be enjoyed as often as you like, guilt free.
What is Keto Bacon Mac-Cheese?
As the name implies, Keto Bacon Mac-Cheese is a low-carb mac-cheese dish that relies on swapping out the higher-carb noodles for alternative options such as shirataki noodles or thin-sliced eggplant. To ensure the complete Keto experience, a Keto cheese sauce is also used as the base of the dish. This keto-friendly cheese sauce is typically a blend of natural cheeses such as parmesan, cream cheese, and cheddar melted together with a thickening agent such as tapioca or arrowroot for a creamy, dreamy result. The combination of creamy sauce and salty bacon makes this a dish worthy of any meals day or night.
How to Make Keto Bacon Mac-Cheese
The good news is, making Keto Bacon Mac-Cheese isn’t as intimidating as it sounds. In fact, you’ll be surprised by how easy and delicious it can be!
• 3 large eggs
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 cups of shredded parmesan cheese
• 1 package of shirataki noodles
• ⅓ cup sliced bacon
• 2 cloves of minced garlic (optional)
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium pot, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
3. Once boiling, add shirataki noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain the noodles in a colander and set aside.
4. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. In the same skillet, heat olive oil and add garlic, cooking until fragrant, approximately 1 minute.
6. Add eggs to the skillet and whisk until scrambled, approximately 4 minutes.
7. Lower the heat to low and add cheddar and parmesan cheese to the skillet, stirring until melted.
8. Finally, add the drained noodles and stir until completely mixed together.
9. Place mixture into a greased baking dish and bake in preheated