Keto Bacon Carbonara
Keto Bacon Carbonara – Bringing the Deliciousness of Carbonara to the Keto Diet
There’s nothing like a plate of carbonara to make your taste buds sizzle. But if you’re following a keto diet, it’s hard to indulge in creamy, cheesy carbonara without feeling guilty. That’s where this keto bacon carbonara comes in. Made with nutrient-dense ingredients and a fraction of the carbs, this dish is a keto dieter’s dream. And the smoky flavor and creamy texture make it an amazing dish for anyone who loves Italian food.
This keto bacon carbonara dish lets you enjoy all of the indulgence of a traditional Italian carbonara without the guilt. With a few simple swap-outs, you can still get crispy bacon, cheese, and a creamy sauce and get an amazing meal that clocks in at just 8 net carbs per serving. It’s perfect for days when you need a little something special without going way off track.
And while getting the perfect carbonara can take practice, the great thing about this recipe is that it’s easy for anyone to make. All it takes is a few simple ingredients and about 20 minutes of cooking time and you can be tucking into a plate of steaming keto bacon carbonara. So, let’s get started!
– 3 tablespoons of ghee or unsalted butter
– 12 ounces of bacon (or turkey bacon for an even lower fat content)
– 1 cup of mustard green
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
– 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
– 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Begin by heating a large skillet over medium heat and adding 3 tablespoons of ghee or butter. Once the butter has melted and begins to bubble, add the bacon and cook until it’s golden brown and crispy.
2. When the bacon is cooked through, add the minced garlic and mustard greens to the pan. Stir frequently and cook until the greens are slightly wilted.
3. Add the quartered cherry tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
4. Now add 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and the shredded parmesan cheese and stir until everything is well combined. Simmer over low heat for 3 – 5 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
5. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and the chopped parsley. Give it one last stir and then turn off the heat.
6. Serve your keto bacon carbonara immediately with extra parmesan cheese and parsley. Enjoy!
This keto bacon carbonara is seriously delicious and so easy to make. All you need is your favorite keto-friendly ingredients and about 20 minutes of your time and you can be tucking into a plate of guilt-free, creamy carbonara.
A few tips for making the best keto bacon carbonara:
– Use a good-quality bacon. You want to make sure you’re using a bacon that’s not filled with added sugar. Look for brands that