Keto Bacon Alfredo Bake
Comfort food is a staple in every family’s recipe book, so it can be tricky to whip up a favorite dish in a tasty new way. With the Keto Bacon Alfredo Bake, you can take a classic macaroni and cheese dish and add a savory twist that’s both delicious and Keto-friendly. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just looking for an easy weeknight meal, the Keto Bacon Alfredo Bake is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
This Keto-friendly take on a classic favorite is packed with flavor from the sautéed onions, creamy homemade Alfredo sauce and crisped bacon. The base is made with cooked macaroni and cheese, which adds a cheesy layer of creaminess to the dish. We opted to use a Keto-approved ingredient for the cheese, like pepper jack, which adds even more flavor and tanginess to the dish. By swapping out a traditional roux for the Alfredo sauce, this dish is much easier to make, but still delivers all of the indulgent, creamy flavor that you expect.
The Keto Bacon Alfredo Bake is a super simple and tasty dish that is sure to satisfy everyone’s cravings. Plus, it’s Keto-friendly if you use the correct ingredients! This dish is perfect for a family dinner, special occasion, or even a casual night in. So, let’s get cooking!
Keto Bacon Alfredo Bake Recipe (serving size of six):
– 4 slices bacon, diced
– 1 small onion, diced
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 2 cups cooked macaroni
– 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons cream cheese
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 2 tablespoons sour cream
– 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F.
2. Place the diced bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same skillet over medium heat, add the onions and garlic powder. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the onions are softened.
4. In a large bowl, combine the cooked macaroni, pepper jack cheese, butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, and sour cream.
5. Add the sautéed onions and bacon to the bowl and mix everything together.
6. Add the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and mix once more.
7. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish, then transfer the macaroni mixture to the dish. Sprinkle the top with an extra layer of the parmesan cheese, then cover with foil.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until the top is golden and bubbly.
9. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
When it comes to comfort food, there’s nothing quite like indulgent macaroni