Decadent Bacon Gorgonzola Souffles
When it comes to delicious and decadent souffles, it is hard to beat Bacon Gorgonzola Souffles. These tasty little puffs are sure to please even the most discerning palette. They are creamy and cheesy, with a hint of smokiness. Plus, the bacon adds a salty kick that is sure to make your mouth water.
What makes Bacon Gorgonzola Souffles so unique is the combination flavors of unmistakable bacon and rich, creamy Gorgonzola cheese. Combined, these two ingredients give the souffle a one-of-a-kind flavor that is sure to please. This delicious dish is perfect for a dinner party, dinner for two, or just as an indulgent snack.
The key to getting the perfect consistency of a souffle lies in the technique. It is essential that you get the souffle mixture to a point where it will not liquidize when baking, and that you also take the time to adequately whip the egg whites before folding them into the mixture. The result should be a light and fluffy souffle that delicately rises in the oven.
These Bacon Gorgonzola Souffles are a great way to impress your guests at your next dinner party. Be sure to give yourself enough time, as you want the souffle mixture to have some time to sit and the egg whites need to be whipped properly so you get that light and airy texture.
-1 cup Gruyère cheese, grated
-3/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
-1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
-1 tablespoon butter
-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-3/4 cup whole milk
-3 eggs, separated
-1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
-3/4 teaspoon sea salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease six 6-ounce ramekins.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Slowly whisk in the milk, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth and bubbling. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the Gruyère cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, bacon, mustard, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
5. In a separate bowl, using a mixer on high speed, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
6. Add the cooled milk mixture to the cheese mixture and stir to combine. Gently fold in the egg whites until just combined.
7. Divide the souffle mixture evenly among the prepared ramekins. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the centers are set. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
These Bacon Gorgonzola Souffles are a delicious and impressive way to dress up your dinner table. With creamy and cheesy Gorgonzola cheese combined with smoky and salty bacon, these decadent little puffs