Bacon onion tart is an ideal combination of flavors that come together to offer an unforgettable taste experience. Crispy yet savory, it’s sure to please any crowd! Here’s how to make the perfect bacon onion tart that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds.
When it comes to flavorful finger foods, there’s no better option than a bacon onion tart. This delectable dish not only looks great but is also a crowd favorite when it comes to party fare. The bacon onion tart combines the savory taste of bacon with the sweetness of caramelized onions, all nestled inside a flaky, buttery crust. It’s a win-win combination that’s sure to please a variety of diners.
To make this delicious dish, you will need the following:
– 1 sheet of pre-made puff pastry
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 large onions, sliced
– 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
– 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry until it’s about 10 inches in diameter. Transfer the pastry to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the cooked bacon crumbles to the skillet and stir to combine. Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Spoon the bacon onion mixture onto the center of the prepared puff pastry crust and spread it out, leaving a two-inch border. Fold the edges of the crust over the filling.
6. Bake the tart in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the crust is golden-brown and the filling is bubbly.
7. Allow the tart to cool slightly before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
This bacon onion tart is sure to be a hit at any gathering. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory, with the caramelized onions and crispy bacon crumbles nestling into a perfectly flaky and buttery crust. Serve it alongside a selection of other finger foods and appetizers, or as a meal on its own. No matter how you enjoy it, you’ll be glad you tried this delightful dish!