Creamy Keto Bacon Alfredo
When it comes to comfort food, the bacon alfredo is one of the classic favorites. Creamy and indulgent, it has always been a sure crowd-pleaser. What if we told you there was a way to enjoy all of the flavors and texture of this classic dish while keeping it low-carb and ketogenic? We’re here to tell you that it is indeed possible! Read on to get the complete recipe, instructions, and tips for a delicious creamy keto-friendly bacon alfredo.
This creamy and flavorful bacon alfredo is low in carbs, yet tastes just as indulgent as the original. To make it ketogenic, we use a sauce made of cream and cheese, thickened with a bit of xanthan gum. In addition, we use strips of cooked bacon for added texture and flavor. You can also add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a bit of Italian seasoning for that extra kick of flavor. If you want an even creamier consistency, consider adding in a few tablespoons of mascarpone cheese.
No matter how you make it, this keto-friendly bacon alfredo is sure to please the whole family. All you need is a few ingredients and about 25 minutes total cooking-time to make this dish. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner when you’re running short on time but don’t want to compromise on flavor. Let’s get started!
For the Bacon Alfredo:
* 4 strips of bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Optional: 2-3 tablespoons of mascarpone cheese
* Optional: Italian seasoning
1. Begin by cooking the bacon in a non-stick pan until crisp. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the butter-garlic mixture and whisk until completely incorporated.
4. Measure out the cream and slowly pour it into the pan. Whisk constantly to ensure that there are no lumps.
5. Once all the cream is added, continue to cook the sauce for about 3-4 minutes until it has thickened.
6. Add the shredded cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
7. If desired, add in the mascarpone cheese and Italian seasoning and stir until everything is combined.
8. Once the sauce is at your desired consistency, season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Add the cooked bacon pieces to the pan and stir to combine.
10. Serve immediately over your favorite keto-friendly pasta, or over zucchini noodles for a low-carb option. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
* To make sure your sauce does not become too thick, make sure you do not add all of the xanthan gum at once. Start with a smaller amount, and if your sauce still isn’t thick enough, you can always