. Creamy Bacon Zucchini Fritters
Delicious and Nutritious Bacon Zucchini Fritters
If you’re looking for a delicious way to eat and enjoy zucchini that’s both nutritious and very tasty, you need to try bacon zucchini fritters. It’s a combination of flavors that will leave you wanting more. The idea of combining two savory favorites–bacon and zucchini–into one side dish makes it both healthy and flavorful.
Bacon zucchini fritters are made from a simple combination of ingredients that make up a savory, crunchy patty. The patties are quickly cooked in a hot skillet, so they are ready to enjoy in no time at all. Each bite is packed with flavor, and the zucchini remains juicy and tender thanks to the cooking process.
When you’re selecting your ingredients for bacon zucchini fritters, look for the freshest items available. Always use uncured bacon for the best flavor, and use the freshest zucchini you can find. The crispness of the zucchini and the smoky flavor of the bacon will greatly contribute to the deliciousness of this dish.
Bacon zucchini fritters are easy to make and can be served with just about any type of meal. Try them as part of a brunch buffet, alongside a salad, or as an appetizer. You can even enjoy them as a snack or light meal on their own.
You will need the following ingredients to make bacon zucchini fritters:
• 3-4 medium-sized zucchinis
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons freshly chopped herbs (such as cilantro, parsley, and chives)
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup uncured bacon, chopped into small pieces
• 2 large eggs
• 1/4 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for cooking)
1. Grate the zucchini using the largest hole of a box grater. Place the grated zucchini in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, green onion, garlic, herbs, paprika, black pepper, and salt.
3. Add the bacon, eggs, and milk to the flour mixture and mix until everything is evenly combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the grated zucchini and mix until well combined.
5. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and swirl the pan to evenly coat.
6. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the prepared fritter mixture into the heated skillet. Flatten each fritter with the back of the spoon so they are about ¼-inch thick.
7. Cook the fritters in the skillet for 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
8. Remove the cooked fritters from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
Bacon zucchini f