. Creamy Bacon Spinach Soup
The Creamy Bacon Spinach Soup is one of the tastiest soups out there that you can enjoy all year long. With the creamy texture and the subtle bacon flavor, this recipe will definitely be one of your favorites. Not to mention, it’s a really quick and easy dish to make, so let’s get started!
When it comes to comfort food, creamy soups are always a go-to. The combination of bacon and spinach in this recipe adds a unique flavor that you won’t find in a lot of other recipes. The creamy texture makes it a great choice for a cozy winter dinner, and the bacon adds a savory quality that’s sure to please. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make, so even the novice cook can whip this up in no time.
Making the Creamy Bacon Spinach Soup is deceptively simple. You’ll need a few essential ingredients, like bacon, spinach, and cream. You can also play around with the ingredients a bit and add your favorite seasonings or herbs to give this simple soup a unique flavor. Now, let’s get down to it and show you how to make this delicious soup.
• 8 pieces of bacon, diced
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• 1 large onion, diced
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
• 4 cups of filtered water
• 2 cups of half-and-half
• 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
• 2 cups of chopped fresh spinach
• 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
• Salt, to taste
1. In a large stockpot, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Add the butter to the pan and let it melt. Once it melts, add in the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the onion and garlic and stir until it’s combined. Then, add in the water and half-and-half.
4. Add in the thyme and bring the mixture to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a simmer and let it cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add in the bacon and spinach and let the mixture simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve the Creamy Bacon Spinach Soup hot with a sprinkle of fresh parsley. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe! The Creamy Bacon Spinach Soup is the perfect combination of creamy and savory flavors. The texture is comforting and the subtle touch of bacon will make this a new favorite in no time. Let us know what you think when you try it!