Creamy Bacon Cauliflower Stew: An Irresistibly Delicious Comfort Food
When it comes to comfort food, few dishes are as delicious and satisfying as Creamy Bacon Cauliflower Stew. This hearty and creamy stew combines the tender flavors of cauliflower, bacon, garlic and herbs with a rich, velvety broth to create a dish that is sure to delight your taste buds.
Whether you’re looking for a hearty supper on a cold winter night or a delicious lunch to bring to work, Creamy Bacon Cauliflower Stew is the perfect dish to add to your mealtime repertoire. With its unique flavor and creamy texture, this stew is sure to become a go-to meal in your household.
This dish is also so easy to make that it can be on your table in just over 30 minutes—ready for you to enjoy a warm, comforting meal. Plus, this recipe only calls for a handful of ingredients, making it a super simple dish to whip together after a busy day. It also makes fantastic leftovers, making it the perfect option for meal prepping.
So get out your cutting board and let’s start cooking up this delicious comfort food. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
• 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
• 6 – 8 slices of bacon, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup white wine
• 4 cups chicken stock
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Begin by prepping all of your vegetables. Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Then, cut your cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
2. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until it begins to crisp, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and onion to the bacon and cook until they are both softened, about 4 – 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the thyme and flour over the vegetables, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Add the white wine and cook for another minute, stirring constantly, to allow the flavors to mingle.
6. Add the chicken stock to the skillet and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Add the cauliflower to the stew and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer the stew for 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
8. Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
9. Simmer the stew for an additional 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
10. Serve the stew garnished with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Creamy Bacon Cauliflower Stew is an inviting and comforting dish that will have your family and friends asking for seconds. The combination of tender cauliflower, crispy bacon and a velvety broth make this one-pot supper an unparalleled delight. With its velvety texture and flavorsome ingredients, Creamy Bacon