. Chili-Coconut Shrimp Bowl
Healthy Shrimp Bowls For Lunch
Are you looking for a meal that’s healthy and delicious for lunch? Look no further than chili-coconut shrimp bowls. This meal can easily be made in one pot, and there’s a great combination of flavors that will make your taste buds tingle with delight. Plus, it’s a packed with protein and other nutritional benefits.
The perfect lunch includes a protein along with a healthy portion of carbohydrates and vegetables, all of which you’ll find in this shrimp bowl. The addition of the chili gives it a bit of heat, which is offset by the sweet coconut. This combination creates a delectable, savory treat perfect for the office or an easy dinner at home.
1 tablespoon oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 red onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1 can of diced tomatoes
1/2 cup light coconut milk
1/2 cup cooked black beans
1 pound cooked large shrimp, tails removed
3 cups cooked white or brown rice
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chicken cubes and cook until they are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper to the pot and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often.
3. Pour in the broth and diced tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Serve the shrimp mixture over cooked white or brown rice.
Each chili-coconut shrimp bowl contains 357 calories and 11 grams of fat. It’s an excellent source of protein and vitamins A and C. Plus, black beans are a great source of fiber and have a low glycemic index, which helps regulate blood sugar levels.
This chili-coconut shrimp bowl is a great option for a healthy and delicious lunch. It’s quick and easy to make, is packed with nutritional benefits, and has a great combination of flavors that will make your taste buds sing. So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to give this shrimp bowl a try!