“Cheesy Mushroom Keto Pie”
Mmm… nothing says comfort food like a cheesy mushroom keto pie, and this version is as good as it gets! If you’re looking for a delicious, high-protein, low-carbohydrate dish that you can whip up for dinner or even for potlucks and special occasions, this is it. Plus, it’s easy to make and is sure to please everyone in your family, keto or not.
The combination of mushrooms and cheese make a creamy and savory base that is hard to resist, while the crust keeps it all together without adding carbs or sugars. To make the keto pie even more delicious, throw in some of your favorite herbs and spices, such as rosemary, thyme, or oregano. If you love the flavor of garlic, you can also add some minced garlic to the filling, or try adding bacon for an extra layer of flavor.
Ready to get started? Here’s how you can make your own version of the cheesy mushroom keto pie.
– ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
– ¼ cup almond flour
– ¼ teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 4 ounces cream cheese
– 2 eggs
– 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
– 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
– ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
– 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate with butter or coconut oil and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and sea salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, eggs, and melted butter or coconut oil until combined.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together until a dough forms.
5. Transfer the dough to the pie plate and press into the bottom and sides of the plate with your fingers.
6. Bake for 10 minutes and then set aside.
7. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the mushrooms, oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are softened.
8. Add in the shredded cheese and parsley and stir until the cheese is melted and incorporated into the mushrooms.
9. Pour the mushroom mixture into the pie plate and spread it evenly over the crust.
10. Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
11. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy this delicious cheesy mushroom keto pie warm or cold. You can serve it as a main dish with a green salad, as a side dish with chicken or salmon, or as a snack. It’s a great way to get a high-protein fix and it’s also customizable with additional vegetables or meat if you desire. No matter how you serve it, it’s sure to be a hit!