“Cheesy Halibut Bake”
Halibut is one of the most delicious and flavorful fish that you can find. It is excellent for dinner any night of the week. Halibut has a mild flavor which makes it great to add to any type of dish. Whether it is poached, sautéed or baked, halibut is sure to please. Today I am going to show you the most delicious and cheesy Halibut Bake that you have ever tasted. This dish is so tasty and creamy, you will not be able to get enough!
The star ingredient of this dish is, of course, halibut. Halibut is a milder fish, with a white, flaky, meat. It has an almost buttery taste and is perfect for adding to most dishes. Halibut also has a high protein content, making it a great source of lean protein for those who are trying to watch their calorie intake. Halibut is also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and is high in vitamins and minerals as well.
The second ingredient needed for this Halibut Bake is a creamy cheese sauce. I used a combination of cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded Parmesan cheese to create a creamy and cheesy sauce. This helped to enhance the flavor of the halibut and give this dish a truly creamy taste.
Now let’s get to the recipe!
Cheesy Halibut Bake
– 2 pounds of boneless halibut fillets
– 4 tablespoons of butter
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
– 8 oz of cream cheese
– 1/2 cup of sour cream
– 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the halibut in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the diced onion and cook for about 5 minutes until softened. Add in the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes and sauté for an additional minute.
4. Add in the cream cheese, sour cream and shredded Parmesan cheese. Stir until melted and combined. Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper if needed.
5. Pour the cheese sauce over the halibut.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the halibut is cooked through and flaky.
7. Serve warm with your favorite side.
Enjoy this Cheesy Halibut Bake! It is sure to please even the most discerning eaters. The creamy cheese sauce pairs perfectly with the mild halibut for a rich and delicious dish that will be a hit at your dinner table. The best part is that this dish is incredibly easy to make with ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. So don’t wait – give this recipe a try tonight. You won’t be disappointed!