. “Cheesy Cauli-Pizza Pie”
Ah, the deliciousness of pizza! A classic favorite for many, pizza is a perfect snack or dinner meal and can be just as tasty when incorporating healthier options. One of the best and most creative ways to incorporate some extra nutrition is to use cauliflower in the process. The result? Cheesy Cauli-Pizza Pie. It’s really a piece of heaven in a pan and is perfect as an appetizer or as a full dinner dish.
This simple, yet delicious dish combines healthy cauliflower with some delicious cheeses and your favorite pizza sauce and toppings. Plus, it’s vegetarian and gluten-free friendly! If you’re looking for something unique and flavorful, but still nutrition packed, this inviting pizza pie is the perfect option.
Making this pizza pie is so easy, it only takes about 40 minutes total to have it on the table. The combination of cheddar cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan create a rich, velvety texture that pairs so well with the sweet pizza sauce. And, of course, the cauliflower adds some amazing additional crunch as well as valuable nutrition, such as dietary fiber, vitamin C, and even some protein. All in all, it’s an irresistible and healthy combination!
If you’re looking for an easy, yet flavorful way to get an extra boost of nutrition, Cheesy Cauli-Pizza Pie is your answer. Here’s what you’ll need to begin.
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup of water
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of pizza sauce
1/2 cup of your favorite pizza toppings
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, and salt.
3. Gradually add in the water until all the ingredients are mixed together and incorporate the cauliflower florets.
4. Spread the cauliflower mixture on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Once the crust is cooked through, remove it from the oven and spread the pizza sauce over the top, followed by the cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
6. Top with your favorite pizza toppings, if desired.
7. Place the pizza pie back in the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
8. Serve the pizza pie warm and enjoy!
Cheesy Cauli-Pizza Pie is a perfect vegetarian- and gluten- free dish that’s loaded with flavor and nutrition. Not only is it incredibly simple to make, it’s also a guaranteed crowd pleaser as well. So, if you’re looking for a more creative way to make pizza night a little healthier