Cheesy Broccoli Bake
Cheesy Broccoli Bake is an easy and delicious dish that can be enjoyed by everyone in the family. The dish combines cheesy goodness with the nutritional benefits of broccoli, making it a great meal to make for a healthy and hearty dinner. Not only is cheesy broccoli bake simple to make, but it tastes great and can be a fun dish to share with your family and friends.
Originating in the Southern United States, Cheesy Broccoli Bake is a dish that has been around for years but recently become more popular. The combination of cheese and broccoli is a time-tested pairing that has been making mouths water for centuries. It’s a favorite dish for celebrations and gatherings, but it can easily be made as a simple dinner recipe or for a light lunch.
As its name implies, Cheesy Broccoli Bake is a dish of cooked broccoli that is coated with a cheesy sauce and topped with a variety of cheeses. The result is a savory dish full of incredible flavors that make it hard to resist. Adding other ingredients such as eggs, sausage, or beans, can turn the dish into a full meal with an array of flavors.
Whether you’re looking for a hearty dinner or a fun dish to serve at a party, Cheesy Broccoli Bake is a great way to get started. Get creative by adding other ingredients and experimenting with different cheeses and spices to make a different version of the dish each time.
If you’re ready to get cooking, follow the recipe below to make the perfect dish of Cheesy Broccoli Bake.
• 2 cups cooked broccoli
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 cups milk
• 1 ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
• 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
• ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
• 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease a large baking dish.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
3. Add in 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and whisk to combine.
4. Slowly add in 2 cups of milk and whisk continuously until the mixture thickens.
5. Turn the heat to low and add in 1 ½ cup of grated cheddar cheese, 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese, and ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
6. Once the mixture is combined, turn off the heat and add in ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper, 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, and 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs. Stir to combine.
7. Place cooked broccoli in the prepared baking dish and pour the cheese sauce over the top.
8. Sprinkle remaining grated cheese over the top and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the top is lightly golden.
9. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.