. Cheesy Bacon Zoodle Bake
Who doesn’t love a hearty, flavorful dish that takes minimal effort? We’ve all got days when we’d rather curl up on the couch with a cup of tea and a good book than slave over the stove for an hour or two. A cheesy bacon zoodle bake is the perfect solution. With its combination of fresh veggies, salty bacon, and a creamy cheese sauce, this dish more than satisfies. And it’s incredibly easy to put together – bonus!
This one-dish meal is incredibly versatile – you can leave out the bacon for a vegetarian version or add additional veggies to suit your cravings. The zucchini noodles add flair to the plate, while the creamy sauce makes everything irresistibly gooey. This cheesy bacon zoodle bake is sure to become one of your family’s favorite weeknight meals.
– 2-3 large zucchini, spiralized
– 1 lb of bacon, chopped
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
– 2 cups of milk
– 1 cup of shredded cheese, divided
– 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Spread your zucchini noodles onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with a little bit of salt. Set aside.
3. Put your bacon in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside on a plate lined with paper towels.
4. Reduce the skillet’s heat to low. Add the onion and garlic and cook for several minutes until softened. Then stir in the dried thyme and cook for an additional minute.
5. Add the flour and, stirring constantly, cook for two minutes.
6. Slowly pour the milk and whisk until everything is combined. Continue cooking until the sauce begins to thicken.
7. Stir in ¾ of the cheese and the crispy bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Spread the cheesy bacon mixture over the zucchini noodles. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and parsley.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and bubbly.
10. Let cool for five minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This cheesy bacon zoodle bake is an immensely satisfying dish that’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. And its versatility means that you can make it your own by experimenting with toppings, adding different kinds of cheese, or using zucchini noodles in place of the regular pasta. You really can’t go wrong with this one-dish meal – give it a try and let us know how it goes!