“Cheesy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp”
Shrimp is delicious, and bacon? Well, it’s nothing short of a culinary delight. Put the two together and you have a match made in heaven. With that, we present to you the cheesy bacon-wrapped shrimp. A balance of heaven and earth, salty and cheesy, crunchy and juicy, this shrimp dish will have all of your friends and family asking for the recipe.
This savory treat is perfect for appetizers, special occasions, and just-because dining. Not to mention-this is also a great dish for those of you who are cutting carbs – it is gluten-free, and it uses ingredients that are easily found in the aisles of the grocery store.
The shrimp that you will be using for this dish is preferably larger in size, usually about a quarter-pound each. This helps wrap the bacon around in a secure and visually appealing way. Count on 12 shrimp per pound. This leaves enough room to add cheese in between them when you are ready to assemble the dish.
Cheesy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
• ½ pound (or 6 to 12 pieces) of fresh or previously frozen shrimp (thawed if using frozen)
• 12 slices of bacon
• Approximately 6 ounces of cheese, such as shredded Cheddar, Gouda, mozzarella, or a shredded mix
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Cooking spray
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Peel and devein the shrimp. Cut the bacon slices in half.
3. Wrap each shrimp with the cut-in-half slices of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
4. Place the bacon-wrapped shrimp onto the baking sheet.
5. Generously sprinkle each shrimp with the shredded cheese.
6. Spray the cheese lightly with cooking spray to help it melt.
7. Place the baking sheet on the top rack of your preheated oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the bacon is fully cooked and the cheese is fully melted.
8. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
This cheesy bacon-wrapped shrimp recipe is sure to be a hit. It’s also endlessly versatile – you can shake up the ingredients depending on what you have on-hand, or anything you plan to pair it with. Whether you’re serving up western classics or adding a global twist to your meal, these shrimp are a delicious and easy starter. Just line up the ingredients, wrap, and bake. You’ll be serving up crunchy, cheesy, salty goodness before you know it!