Cheesy Bacon Spaghetti Squash
Cheesy Bacon Spaghetti Squash is a delicious, hearty side dish that can be enjoyed all year long. This savory dish combines the sweetness of squash, the smokiness of bacon, and the tang of cheese to create a comforting meal. Whether you’re looking for an easy, healthy way to get your family to eat their vegetables, or you’re trying to mix up your traditional side dish routine, Cheesy Bacon Spaghetti Squash is sure to please.
Spaghetti squash is a versatile vegetable that can be cooked in a variety of ways. This mild squash is often served in place of traditional pasta as a low-carb option. Its slight sweetness compliments savory flavors, making it ideal for dishes like Cheesy Bacon Spaghetti Squash. The bacon adds another layer of texture to the dish and enhances the flavor with its smokiness. Finally, the cheese ties these flavors all together, making this dish a crowd-pleaser that is sure to become a staple at your dinner table.
Cheesy Bacon Spaghetti Squash is easy to prepare and a great way to get even the pickiest eaters to enjoy their veggies. Let’s take a look at how to make this delectable dish.
•1 medium sized spaghetti squash
•6 slices of bacon
•1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or a mix of both).
•Salt and pepper, to taste
•1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and discard. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and place the squash halves cut side up. Drizzle olive oil over the halves and season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. Pierce with a fork to check for doneness. The flesh should be tender and slightly golden.Remove from the oven and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Crumble the bacon into pieces when it is cool enough to handle.
5. Using a fork, scrape the flesh of the squash into spaghetti-like strands. Place the strands into a bowl.
6. Add the bacon and cheese to the bowl and mix to combine.
7. Place the spaghetti squash mixture back into the baking dish and spread evenly.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
9. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Adding Cheesy Bacon Spaghetti Squash to your meal rotation is an easy way to boost the nutrition of the meal and entice your family to enjoy their vegetables more often. The combination of sweet squash and smoky bacon is a classic flavor combination that is sure to be a hit with everyone. While it’s best served warm out of the oven, the leftovers are great for lunch as you’re grabbing something on the go.
We all know that vegetables are an important part of any healthy diet, and Cheesy Bacon Spaghetti Squash is a great way to