“Cheesy Bacon Pierogies”
Cheesy Bacon Pierogies: A Delicious Homemade Comfort Food Recipe
Cheesy Bacon Pierogies are a delectable and easy-to-make dish that is sure to please everyone at your dinner table! Pierogies are a traditional Ukrainian comfort food, also popular in Poland, that consists of a small piece of dough-like pastry stuffed with delicious fillings such as potato, cheese, or cabbage. This recipe adds a savory twist by filling the pierogies with a mixture of cheesy bacon and potatoes, creating a one-of-a-kind flavor combination that is sure to delight your guests!
Making pierogies at home can seem like a daunting task, especially for novice cooks, but the steps are simpler than you may think. Even if you don’t have much experience in the kitchen, you can create something delicious and special with minimal effort. Read on to discover how to make your very own Cheesy Bacon Pierogies!
What You’ll Need:
– 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 3/4 cup cold water
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
– 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
– 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
– 2 tablespoons sour cream
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
– 2 tablespoons butter, melted
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, cold water, and salt until a smooth dough forms. Cover the dough and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add the chopped potato and bacon to the skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potato is tender and the bacon is crispy. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out 3-inch circles with a cookie cutter or glass and place the circles on a baking sheet. Place 1-2 tablespoons of the bacon and potato mixture in the middle of each circle. Fold the dough over the filling and press the edges together with a fork to seal the pierogies.
4. Heat the 2 tablespoons of butter in a separate large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the pierogies to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until they are golden brown. Serve the pierogies hot and enjoy!
Cheesy Bacon Pierogies are a delicious homemade comfort food that is sure to please everyone at your dinner table. The combination of bacon and cheddar cheese is both hearty and flavorful, while the potatoes add a satisfyingly creamy texture. By following the steps outlined above, you can make an impressive meal with minimal effort. So why wait? Gather your ingredients and get cooking – your family and friends are sure to be delighted by this unique and tasty dish!