“Cheesy Bacon Brussel Bowls”
Are you in the mood for something new? Something that will make your mouth water and your stomach growl? Then look no further – let’s whip up a batch of Cheesy Bacon Brussels Bowls! This twist on a classic Brussels Sprout dish is sure to be a new family favorite that will please young and old alike.
We start with the star of this dish – Brussels sprouts. Brussels sprouts are a part of the cruciferous vegetable family, which also includes kale, broccoli and cabbage. This family of vegetables is known for its numerous health benefits, including cancer prevention properties, antioxidant content, and its high levels of fiber. Brussels sprouts are also a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate.
But don’t let the health benefits make you shy away from making this dish, because taste is also a major factor! This dish combines the nutty flavor of Brussels sprouts with savory bacon, and it all gets tossed in a cheesy sauce that brings together all the flavors in this recipe.
This dish takes just 15 minutes to prepare, and is gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free. So you can make this dish to accommodate any dietary needs you might have.
So let’s get started! Here’s what you’ll need to make a batch of Cheesy Bacon Brussels Bowls:
• 2 Tbsp of olive oil
• 1 lb of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
• 8 ounces of bacon, cooked and chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup of chicken broth
• 2 Tbsp of all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
• 2 Tbsp of butter
• 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, toss your Brussels sprouts in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place the Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet, and roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Once cooked, remove from the heat and place the bacon on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess grease. Once it is cool enough to handle, chop it into small pieces.
4. In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the minced garlic. Sauté until the garlic is softened and fragrant.
5. Add the chicken broth and the all-purpose flour to the skillet, and cook until the mixture thickens.
6. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the parmesan cheese, butter, salt, and pepper. Stir constantly until the cheese is melted.
7. Add the bacon bits and Brussels sprouts to the skillet, and stir to combine.
8. Serve hot.
Cheesy Bacon Brussels Bowls make an incredible dish – it’s salty, savory, and incredibly satisfying! The crunchy roasted Brussels sprouts and smoky bacon are complimented perfectly by the creamy and cheesy sauce, making this dish an instant hit in your house. It’s also incredibly simple and can be prepared