Cajun Shrimp Zucchini Skillet
Cajun Shrimp and Zucchini Skillet: A Tasty, Nutritious, and Quick Dinner
If you’re looking for a wholesome and nutritious, but still flavorful and easy to make meal, this Cajun shrimp and zucchini skillet recipe is for you! This flavor-packed dish is exactly the kind of nourishing food that will satisfy both body and soul. With its earthy taste from the seasonings, savory shrimp, and fresh zucchini, this dish is sure to become a favorite in your house.
The wonderful thing about this dish is that it can be whipped up in an instant. Ready in less than 45 minutes, it’s seriously fast and easy to make. Plus, shrimp is abundant in even the most basic grocery stores, and the rest of the ingredients are likely already in your pantry.
If you’re a fan of Cajun dishes, you’ll love this one. It’s the perfect balance of spicy and full of flavor. Whether you stick to the classic one-pot skillet meal, or turn it into a wrap or a zucchini noodle bowl, this dish is sure to please your taste buds.
Making this Cajun shrimp and zucchini skillet a part of your regular meal rotation is as simple as gathering the ingredients, prepping them, and then cooking. Here’s what you need and how to bring it all together:
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1 pound jumbo shrimp, deveined and peeled
-1 medium onion, diced
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 red bell pepper, diced
-2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
-2 zucchini, diced
-1 teaspoon smoked paprika
-½ teaspoon garlic powder
-Salt and pepper to taste
-2 tablespoons butter
-3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil, then add shrimp and cook until just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside. Add remaining olive oil to the skillet, then add onion, garlic, and red bell pepper. Sauté until onions are just starting to soften and turn brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Add Cajun seasoning, smoked paprika, and garlic powder, plus a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until everything is evenly combined and seasonings are fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Add diced zucchini to skillet and stir to combine with the other vegetables. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Add butter to skillet and let it melt. Once melted, add the shrimp back in and stir everything together.
6. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, or until everything is warm and shrimp is fully cooked.
7. Serve hot, topped with freshly chopped parsley.
With this Cajun shrimp and zucchini skillet, make weeknight cooking a breeze. Thanks to the ease and speed of preparation, this dish is perfect for busy families looking for delicious and nutritious meals. It’s full of bright colors and bold flavors, thanks to its Cajun seasoning, onion, bell pepper, and garlic.