Cabbage Bacon Frittata: A Simple and Delectable Dish
The combination of cabbage and bacon is a favorite classic for many people, and now you can make it together in a delicious frittata. This hearty and hearty recipe is made in one pan and is ready in no time. Suitable for brunch, lunch, or dinner, it is bursting with flavor and has the perfect amount of crunch.
A frittata is a type of omelette-like dish where ingredients are added to beaten eggs and cooked in a skillet. This frittata features two types of cabbage – red and green – as well as bacon for an unforgettable flavor combination. It’s a simple dish to pull together, yet it makes an impressive presentation.
The trick here is to cook the cabbage first in the bacon fat to give it flavor and a crispy texture. Once the cabbage is tender, the eggs and cheese are added and stirred together. The frittata continues to cook in the skillet until it is firm and slightly golden on the edges.
The best part about this dish is that it’s totally customizable. You can use other vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions or mushrooms. Swap out the bacon for chorizo or cook up some chopped ham. Experiment with different cheese, or add some hot sauce to the beat eggs for a spicier version.
Enjoy this cabbage bacon frittata for a cozy breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. Paired with a tossed salad or a slice of toast, it makes for a complete and satisfying meal.
– 6 slices of thick-cut bacon, diced
– 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
– 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
– 6 eggs
– 2 teaspoons olive oil
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced bacon to the skillet and cook until crisp.
2. Stir in the cabbage and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove the bacon and cabbage to a bowl and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the olive oil to the skillet and heat to medium.
5. Pour the eggs into the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
6. Add the bacon and cabbage to the pan, stirring until combined.
7. Top with the feta cheese.
8. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 8 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted.
9. Cut the frittata into wedges and serve. Enjoy!